Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is definitely the kind of dessert that makes people ask, "Is it really vegan?". The combo of pumpkin and chocolate is very flavorful and interesting. I've used this before to make little tarts, but it's really good on its own.
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 12 ounces silken tofu
- 2 -3 tablespoons soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 4 ounces agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (I like toasted almonds)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT NUTS in blender/food processor.
- Blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon into cups (or pie shells) and chill for 1 hour.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nuts.
This has possibilities, but sorry, it didn't quite work for us. We really couldn't taste the pumpkin, only the chocolate, and it had a gritty texture from the nutmeg and cocoa powder. I think I would cut the cocoa powder in half and mix it with the soy milk to "dissolve" it. The agave nectar gave it a nice sweetness, though, while keeping the glycemic level low. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.