1/8 Photos of Mexican Chocolate Pound Cake
1 hr 10 mins
The addition of cocoa and cinnamon makes this a Mexican classic! You can make this into one 10-inch bundt, two 9x5 loaf cakes, or four 8x4 loaf cakes. NOTE: Don't overbake or this will be dry. Posted for 'Zaar World Tour II.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use Mexican for authenticity!)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 eggs, at room temp
- 1/2 cup whole milk, at room temp
- 1/2 cup strong coffee, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2Generously grease and flour pans (see description above).
- 3Sift the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- 4Place the butter and sugars in mixer bowl, fitted with paddle if possible, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down sides of bowl before each addition.
- 6Add half the flour mixture and beat well, then add the milk, coffee and vanilla.
- 7Scrape down sides and add remaining flour mixture. Beat well.
- 8Pour batter into prepared pan(s). Transfer to oven and bake until cake pulls away from the sides, and tester comes out NOT QUITE clean, about 50-55 minutes for bundt pan, 45 minutes for 9x5, and 40 minutes for 8x4's. These times are not exact -- they may take up to 15 minutes longer!
- 9Cool for 20 minutes in pan, then invert on rack. Cool to room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8024.0
- Calories from Fat 3752
- Total Fat 416.8 g
- Saturated Fat 252.5 g
- Cholesterol 2104.3 mg
- Sodium 2572.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1030.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 43.1 g
- Sugars 637.3 g
- Protein 108.3 g