1/1 Photo of Mexican Chocolate Pie (Pampered Chef)
bug @<'s Note:
Nice and creamy casual dessert. Great for a dinner party! Nice chocolate cinnamon mix. Cook time includes chill time. Pie is rich; serve in small wedges!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 unbaked pastry pie shell
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Mexican recommended, may use more of regular ground cinnamon)
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Bake pie crust 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- 4Reserve 1 Tbsp chocolate chips for garnish.
- 5Place remaining chips in small microwavable bowl.
- 6Heat, uncovered for 1 minute on high, stirring every 10 seconds until smooth.
- 7Using a small rubber spatula, spread melted chocolate onto cooled pie crust (over bottom and 1 inch up the sides).
- 8Set aside 1 cup whipped topping for garnish.
- 9Whisk softened cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth.
- 10Gently whisk in milk until blended.
- 11Add remaining whipped topping and cinnamon; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- 12Add the pudding mix; whisk until smooth (Mixture will be fairly thick!).
- 13Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust and spread evenly.
- 14Grate reserved morsels over top of pie.
- 15Decorate with reserved whipped topping as desired.
- 16Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
- 17Chill for at least 30 minutes; refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Pie (Pampered Chef)
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 309.0
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.2 mg
- Sodium 282.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g