Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice and creamy casual dessert. Great for a dinner party! Nice chocolate cinnamon mix. Cook time includes chill time. Pie is rich; serve in small wedges!
- 1 unbaked pastry pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (Mexican recommended, may use more of regular ground cinnamon)
- 1 (4 ounce) package chocolate flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake pie crust 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Reserve 1 Tbsp chocolate chips for garnish.
- Place remaining chips in small microwavable bowl.
- Heat, uncovered for 1 minute on high, stirring every 10 seconds until smooth.
- Using a small rubber spatula, spread melted chocolate onto cooled pie crust (over bottom and 1 inch up the sides).
- Set aside 1 cup whipped topping for garnish.
- Whisk softened cream cheese in mixing bowl until smooth.
- Gently whisk in milk until blended.
- Add remaining whipped topping and cinnamon; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Add the pudding mix; whisk until smooth (Mixture will be fairly thick!).
- Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Grate reserved morsels over top of pie.
- Decorate with reserved whipped topping as desired.
- Sprinkle with additional cinnamon, if desired.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes; refrigerate until ready to serve.
This was a big hit with my family! Thanks for sharing.
We liked this, but I made a lot of changes and think it would probably be best as written (so now stars). I used fat free/sugar free white chocolate pudding and something about the white chocolate, while good, was lacking. I'd make it again but with chocolate. None the less, we still ate it all! :)
I make this all the time for my family & shows. One is never enough. This can be found in the Stoneware Inspirations cookbook, page 77. Yummy and easy! You must try it.