Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Mexican chocolate and white rum add up to more than your average chocolate mousse. Cook time includes chill time.
- 1 (18 5/8 ounce) box mexican chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup white rum
- 4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream, divided
- cinnamon- almond cookie
- chocolate shavings
- filo pastry, triangles dusted with sugar
- Stir chocolate, milk, and salt in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat until chocolate melts.
- Stir constantly until all sugar in chocolate is dissolved, about 13 minutes.
- Add rum to chocolate; using long match, immediately ignite rum.
- Carefully stir chocolate mixture with long spoon until flames subside.
- Transfer chocolate to large bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- Using electric mixer, beat 3 cups cream in large bowl until peaks form.
- Working in 2 batches, fold whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Divide chocolate mousse among 12 glasses, about 3/4 cup for each. Chill mousse until set, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Beat remaining 1 cup cream until peaks form. Place dollop of whipped cream atop mousse in each glass. Serve mousse with Cinnamon-Almond Cookies, chocolate shavings, or filo triangles.