Recipe by TheHeavenlyHeatherly
I am a fan of chocolate mousse and especially like the kind made in Mexican restaurants. I created this recipe because I wanted a mousse that didn't contain eggs or alcohol. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is not something I'd want to have every day, but it's definitely a dessert that should satisfy the chocoholic in anyone, me included! I thoroughly enjoyed making it & the 2 of us (along with my son & DIL) enjoyed devouring it as well! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed during this Spring's Pick A Chef event]
- 1 piece mexican chocolate, 1 tablet (I use Nestle ABUELITA Instant Beverage mix in Tablet form.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 pint whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) In a small pot, melt 1 tablet of Mexican chocolate in the milk on medium heat. Stir frequently until tablet is dissolved and mixture is free of large clumps. Add salt. Mixture may appear grainy. Take off heat and set aside to cool.
- 2) In a large bowl, stir cocoa powder and nstant pudding mix. Slowly add whipping cream to dry mix. Beat on high until mixture thickens. Add chocolate/milk/salt mixture and beat on high until fluffy. Chocolate mixture may be warm when added.
- 3) Fill cups and chill 2-3 hours. I find the mousse tastes even better after at least 6 hours in the fridge. Can be topped with whip cream or cool whip.