Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This vegan Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream is a great healthy dessert recipe with added spices that warm it up for those chilly Fall nights steadily approaching. http://www.elanaspantry.com/mexican-chocolate-ice-cream/
- 2 (793.78 g) can coconut milk, unsweetened
- 59.14 ml agave nectar
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips, dark 73% cacao
- 14.79 ml cinnamon, ground
- 0.25 ml sea salt, celtic
- 1.23 ml cayenne (if you don't want a super spicy ice cream, then just use a pinch)
- 4.92 ml espresso, decaf, ground
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk and agave to a boil.
- Reduce immediately to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Mix in the chocolate, stirring constantly until chips are completely melted.
- Cool mixture in pan on counter for 1 hour.
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, cayenne, espresso and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker, following directions per your machine.