Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This vegan Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream is a great healthy dessert recipe with added spices that warm it up for those chilly Fall nights steadily approaching. http://www.elanaspantry.com/mexican-chocolate-ice-cream/
- 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1⁄4 cup agave nectar
- 1 cup chocolate chips, dark 73% cacao
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 pinch sea salt, celtic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (if you don't want a super spicy ice cream, then just use a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon espresso, decaf, ground
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk and agave to a boil.
- Reduce immediately to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Mix in the chocolate, stirring constantly until chips are completely melted.
- Cool mixture in pan on counter for 1 hour.
- Stir in the cinnamon, salt, cayenne, espresso and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker, following directions per your machine.