Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am posting this as a request. Havent tried it but it does sound yummy!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix the 1 cup sugar, salt and half-and-half in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Heat to scalding, stirring occasionally and being careful not to boil.
- Slowly whisk about a cup of the hot half-and-half mixture into the eggs, then slowly whisk the egg mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Melt the chocolate and 1/2 cup sugar in the top of a double boiler over barely simmering water; stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the custard; stir until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Chill and process in an ice cream freezer.
- Makes about 2 1/2 quarts.