Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
from the 2008 edition of the pillsbury bake-off...they have gotten rave reviews!
- 8 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box Pillsbury Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9x13 pan. Finely crush cereal.
- In a large bowl, stir butter and corn syrup until well blended. Add cereal and mix thoroughly. Press evenly into sprayed pan.
- Make brownie mix as directed on box using oil, water, eggs, and adding cinnamon. Stir in 2/3 cup of chocolate chips. Pour over cereal and sprinkle remaining 2/3 cup of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over brownies. Bake 14-18 min longer or set.
- Cool 10 minutes then loosen edges but do not cut. Cool 2 hours in total.
- To make cinnamon sugar combine 3tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
Good way to use up warehouse cereal that my kids had grown tired of eating for breakfast. I used Ghirardelli brownie mix, had it on hand. Turned out great! Thanks!
I must have messed this up because my cereal was soggy on the bottom... do you think I didn't crush the cereal enough? Don't get me wrong - we ate them anyway, it just wasn't "crunch" as the name promised... I'll try again - hopefully with better results! Ok... 12/8/2009... I tried them again. When I crushed the cereal this time I pulvarized it in the blender. YUMMMM! 5 stars now!!!
Fortunately I found this recipe for our Cinco De Mayo party last weekend. The adults and kids loved them. In fact I'm making it again for Mothers day. Since I wasn't sure how many boxes to get - I bought 2 - 12.8 oz boxes -used 1 box plus 1 cup of 2nd box 1 box would have been fine. Since I found the cereal also is great as a snack - I bought the 1lb 8.9 oz box which was cheaper per ld. Bad me. Crunch, cinnamon and fudge - can't beat it!