1 hr 5 mins
Must chill overnight, so prepare the night before. Uses mexican chocolate, Mmmm! Posted for Zaar World Tour II '06
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- 2COMBINE sugar and water in medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Increase heat to medium-high; boil, without stirring, for about 15 minutes or until caramel-colored.
- 4Quickly pour over bottom and sides of twelve 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups (if syrup hardens, soften over low heat).
- 5Heat evaporated milk in a small saucepan until it begins to simmer. Remove from heat. Stir in chopped chocolate until melted.
- 6Place evaporated milk and chocolate mixture, sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, butter, eggs and vanilla extract in blender; cover. Blend well.
- 7Pour mixture into prepared custard cups. Arrange in 1 or 2 large baking pans; fill pans with hot water to 1-inch depths.
- 8Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 20 minutes.
- 9Refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Run knife around rims; gently shake to loosen. Invert onto serving dishes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Cream Cheese Flan
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.3
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.0 mg
- Sodium 233.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 38.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g