Recipe by Rose's Granddaughter
I love coffee and chocolate, but not with too much sugar. I created this for myself after I read that cinnamon helps prevent or retard diabetes and is good for people who already have it (it runs in my family). I was really surprised at how yummy it tastes and doesn't need any creamer or sweetener, but you can certainly add splenda as I do sometimes.
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons hershey's unsweetened cocoa
- 3 -4 teaspoons 100% columbian ground coffee
- 4 -8 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- You'll use a coffee machine for this.
- Put all of the ingredients in the order listed.
- So nutmeg and cinnamon go in first, cocoa above that and coffee last.
- Add the water into the coffee machine and brew as you would for plain coffee.
- If you like coffee strong, use 4 cups water, medium strength: 6 cups, and weak: 8 cups.
- If the flavor seems strong, skip the nutmeg.
- The nutritional ananlysis will probably be off because everything is diluted.