Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love coffee and chocolate, but not with too much sugar. I created this for myself after I read that cinnamon helps prevent or retard diabetes and is good for people who already have it (it runs in my family). I was really surprised at how yummy it tastes and doesn't need any creamer or sweetener, but you can certainly add splenda as I do sometimes.
- You'll use a coffee machine for this.
- Put all of the ingredients in the order listed.
- So nutmeg and cinnamon go in first, cocoa above that and coffee last.
- Add the water into the coffee machine and brew as you would for plain coffee.
- If you like coffee strong, use 4 cups water, medium strength: 6 cups, and weak: 8 cups.
- If the flavor seems strong, skip the nutmeg.
- The nutritional ananlysis will probably be off because everything is diluted.
Fast, easy and tasty!!!!! Thanks! I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa because that's all I had. Turned out superb :)
I made this in my French Press pot, and used 3 tablespoons coffee (my usual amount), not 3 teaspoons, which I think may be a typo. Tasted it and found it to be a bit bitter. So I thought, 3 stars. But I added a bit of Splenda and that improved the flavor and therefore the 4 stars. Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.
My normal amount of coffee and a half measure of the other ingredients came out just right in my 4-cup mini-pot. It comes out well-flavored but light -- coffee, rather than dessert. I did add a dash of Splenda to bring out the flavors and a dollop of whipped cream because I felt like it. I think that a few drops of vanilla would give added depth.