Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My kids love this and we used it to make mini cheesecake bites for a bake sale too. We found the recipe somewhere and tweeked it a little. If you make cheesecake bites in a mini muffin pan you may want to reduce the recipe some as we made 82 with the full recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄16 teaspoon cayenne pepper, if desired, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Wrap outside bottom and side of 8 or 9 inch springform pan with heavy duty foil. (to prevent leaks) Spray inside of pan with cooking spray. Grind and mix wafers with 3/4 tsp cinnamon (I use a food processor or blender) mix in melted butter; press into bottom of pan. Note: If making Mini's put small amout of crust mix in each muffin liner and tamp down. Bake crust 8 to 10 minutes or until set. (For Mini's just a few minutes) Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees. Cool crust 10 minutes before filling.
- In 2 quart saucepan, melt chocolate chips and cream over medium - low heat; stir until smooth. In large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, pepper, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and vanilla with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Pour over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until edge of cheesecake is set 2 inches from edge of pan but center still jiggles slightly. Turn oven off; open oven door 4 inches. Leave cheesecake in oven 30 minutes. After removing cake from oven run a metal spatula around the edge of pan. Cool on rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Run spatula around edge of pan again; remove side of pan. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon if desired. You can also put some chocolate shavings on top to fancy it up. Store in refridgerator. Note: Mini's take about 12 min to cook.
Made this as a thank you for an always-helpful couple we know who absolutely love Mexican food, & they loved this cheesecake, too, bringing back two slices for us to savor so we'd know why they like it so much! Definitely a cut above the usual chocolate cheesecake, we thought! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]