1/1 Photo of Mexican Chocolate Cake
This is another one from Cooking Light. A little detailed, but well worth it--and it's light! Cooling time not included in cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/3 cup dutch process cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 ounce mexican chocolate or 1 ounce regular chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Coat an 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray, line bottom of pan with wax paper.
- 3Coat wax paper with cooking spray, dust with 2 tsp flour; set aside.
- 4Lightly spoon 1 cup flour into dry measuring cup, level with a knife.
- 5Sift 1 cup flour and next 5 ingredients (through salt) into a bowl.
- 6Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
- 7Add egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 8Add yogurt, vanilla, and egg, beating until blended.
- 9Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan, sharply tap dish once on counter to remove air bubbles.
- 11Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Remove from oven, cool 10 minutes in pan.
- 13Place a plate upside down on top of cake; invert cake onto plate.
- 14Carefully peel off wax paper.
- 15Combine milk and chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl.
- 16Microwave at high for 30 seconds or until chocolate melts; stir until smooth.
- 17Cool slightly; drizzle over cake.
- 18Let glaze set; sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.6
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 179.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 33.6 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: