Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Not only is this cake super easy to make you can impress all of your vegan friends. Very elegant looking with the chocolate glaze and dipped strawberries. es muy bien! (cooking and prep times do not include cooling and drying)
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper (or ground mexican chili powder)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 118.29 ml cocoa
- 88.74 ml water
- 10 small fresh strawberries
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Lightly coat an 8" round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes (until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When the cake has cooled whisk together the first three glaze ingredients.
- Dip each strawberry into the glaze and set aside.
- Pour the remaining glaze over the cake and arrange the strawberries on top.
- Set aside to dry- about 30 minutes.
Amazingly good. My cakes usually turn out dry but not this one. It has so much flavor. Loved it.
This cake is great for guests who don't eat eggs. I have used it many times, often serving with berries to bring out the chocolate flavours. I try to cut down on the sugar a bit, and have always used raspberry flavoured balsamic vinegar. I half the chocolate glaze recipe depending on whether I want a drizzled pattern or dripping glaze. The cake is a bit heavier/denser, but so so good!
darn it - I hate giving only 3 stars. The cake tastes good, but it completely fell apart. The glaze will not harden. I found the cinnamon a bit overpowering. I will try again with a bit less cinnamon because it was amazingly easy to prepare.