1/8 Photos of mexican chocolate cake
Not only is this cake super easy to make you can impress all of your vegan friends. Very elegant looking with the chocolate glaze and dipped strawberries. es muy bien! (cooking and prep times do not include cooling and drying)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or ground mexican chili powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1Heat oven to 350*F.
- 2Lightly coat an 8" round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- 3Combine all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- 4Pour into a pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes (until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- 5Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from pan and cool completely.
- 7When the cake has cooled whisk together the first three glaze ingredients.
- 8Dip each strawberry into the glaze and set aside.
- 9Pour the remaining glaze over the cake and arrange the strawberries on top.
- 10Set aside to dry- about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for mexican chocolate cake
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 312.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 54.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g