Recipe by kleigh83
Not only is this cake super easy to make you can impress all of your vegan friends. Very elegant looking with the chocolate glaze and dipped strawberries. es muy bien! (cooking and prep times do not include cooling and drying)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or ground mexican chili powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 6 tablespoons water
- 10 small fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Lightly coat an 8" round cake pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until smooth.
- Pour into a pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes (until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean).
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- When the cake has cooled whisk together the first three glaze ingredients.
- Dip each strawberry into the glaze and set aside.
- Pour the remaining glaze over the cake and arrange the strawberries on top.
- Set aside to dry- about 30 minutes.