Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What could be better than a cake baked in the microwave? Don't knock it before you try it!
Make and share this Mexican Chocolate Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Lightly spray Fluted Pan with vegetable spray, or brush with vegetable oil using pastry brush.
- Whisk eggs and sour cream until smooth.
- Add cake mix, almonds, half of the chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cinnamon; mix until smooth.
- Spoon batter into Pan, spreading evenly.
- Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- (Cake will be slightly moist on top near center).
- Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes.
- Loosen cake from sides of Pan; invert onto serving plate.
- Cool 20 minutes.
- Combine sugar and remaining Cinnamon; sprinkle over cake.
- Place remaining chocolate and half of the whipped topping in Bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over cake.
- Garnish cake with remaining whipped topping Tip: If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake a quarter turn once after each 3-minute interval of cooking.
- To easily drizzle glaze onto cake, pour glaze into one corner of a small, resealable plastic bag.
- Twist top of bag to seal.
- Cut a small piece of the corner of the bag to allow the glaze to run through.
i requested this recipe and amanda came through!! thank you!!moist,yummy even without any glaze or topping.we have made this baked in the oven and it turns out fine.