Amanda Harper's Note:
What could be better than a cake baked in the microwave? Don't knock it before you try it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly spray Fluted Pan with vegetable spray, or brush with vegetable oil using pastry brush.
- 2Whisk eggs and sour cream until smooth.
- 3Add cake mix, almonds, half of the chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Cinnamon; mix until smooth.
- 4Spoon batter into Pan, spreading evenly.
- 5Microwave cake on HIGH 11-14 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6(Cake will be slightly moist on top near center).
- 7Remove to Nonstick Cooling Rack; let stand 10 minutes.
- 8Loosen cake from sides of Pan; invert onto serving plate.
- 9Cool 20 minutes.
- 10Combine sugar and remaining Cinnamon; sprinkle over cake.
- 11Place remaining chocolate and half of the whipped topping in Bowl.
- 12Microwave on HIGH 15-30 seconds or until melted; stir until smooth.
- 13Drizzle glaze over cake.
- 14Garnish cake with remaining whipped topping Tip: If using a microwave oven without a built-in turntable, rotate cake a quarter turn once after each 3-minute interval of cooking.
- 15To easily drizzle glaze onto cake, pour glaze into one corner of a small, resealable plastic bag.
- 16Twist top of bag to seal.
- 17Cut a small piece of the corner of the bag to allow the glaze to run through.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.9
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.4 mg
- Sodium 410.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g