"This moist and delicious chocolate cake gets an extra kick from the cinnamon and cayenne." From VegCooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and baking soda. Stir in the cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla, vinegar, oil, and water. Mix until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and cook for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool.
- Dust with the confectioners’ sugar before serving.
- Note: This recipe goes great with a spicy dark-chocolate sauce. To make the sauce, melt 2 squares of dark chocolate with 1/4 cup water or soy milk. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar and cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons vegan margarine, 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and cayenne pepper, to taste.