Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got a little fixated on Brussel Sprouts last winter....this is one of the MANY recipes I came up with.
- 1 lb Brussels sprout, julienned
- 2 tablespoons ground up mexican chocolate
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 green onions, cut into tiny rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons honey (or corn syrup for vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- Candy the walnuts:.
- Toast the walnuts in an iron pan, add the honey and mix until sticky. Turn off the heat, and mix in the flax seeds. Set candied walnuts aside to cool.
- Make the brussel sprouts:.
- Put oil in a large, flat-bottom pan. When the oil is hot, put the onions in and cook them until they're soft.
- Add the brussel sprouts, and toss. Add the paprika, Mexican chocolate, toss and put the lid on. Add a little water (1/2 cup) if brussel sprouts aren't making enough steam. Salt to taste.
- Toss walnuts with brussel sprouts.