This is more of an adult brownie with an unusual twist to it. Look for the boxes of Mexican chocolate with the international foods in your grocery store. This recipe is from "Select", a cooking magazine from my local grocery store chain.
My Private Note
nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 6 1/2 ounces mexican chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1Spread nuts in a small baking pan.
- 2Bake in a 350° oven until the pine nuts are golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes; shaking often.
- 3Pour nuts from pan and set aside.
- 4In a 3-quart pan, combine brown sugar, butter, Mexican chocolate, and unsweetened chocolate.
- 5Stir often over low heat until chocolates are melted and smooth.
- 6Remove from heat and beat in eggs, vanilla and cinnamon until well blended.
- 7Mix in flour and pine nuts.
- 8Pour into lightly oiled 9-inch square pan.
- 9Bake in a 350° oven until brownie springs back in center when gently pressed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- 10Let cool on a rack.
- 11Cut into squares or triangles; top with whipped cream to taste and a garnish of cinnamon sticks.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chocolate Brownies With Cinnamon
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 54.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g