Recipe by QueenJellyBean
I love the flavor of the "Mexican" chocolate...the cinnamon flavor just sets it apart. A fun twist on the wonderful texture of Angel Food Cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1⁄3 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer bowl, pour dry angel food cake mix.
- Add to dry cake mix, cornstarch, cocoa powder, instant coffee, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice.
- Mix cold water and extracts. Add to dry ingredients.
- Turn mixer on low and mix for 30 seconds. Then mix for 3 minutes on medium.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into an ungreased 10 inch angel food cake pan or tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 53 to 58 minutes until cake is set and pulls away from the sides of the pan.
- Invert cake pan and allow cake to cool upside down.
- With a small metal spatula, loosen the sides of the cake and invert on to cake plate.
- Dust with 1 tbsp powdered sugar.