Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Hot chocolate for grownups. A wonderful drink to warm a dreary day from the Southwest chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 quart milk
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 ounces sweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- marshmallows, for garnish
- Combine milk, cinnamon stick, salt and coffee; heat to the boiling point.
- Strain the coffee grounds out.
- Dissolve chocolate in boiling water; add to milk mixture and reheat to the boiling point.
- Add vanilla extract and pour over marshmallow in each cup.