Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for marinating chicken or pork. Packs a punch!
- 6 canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 piece orange zest, 3 inches long
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine the chipotles and their sauce with the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer over high heat until reduced by one third,about 3 minutes.
- Transfer contents of the pan to a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Note:Marinate chicken or pork for 2 hours in 1/4 of the marinade.
- Grill pork chops or chicken.
- Serve with the leftover sauce.
Tastes right outta Mexico! Is that a coyote I hear howling in the distance?
Thanks for the great recipe! I love chipotles, and they really shine here. It was a tad spicy for me (which I appreciate, I'd much rather have too spicy than not spicy enough), and perfect for DH.