Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This soup is so quick to whip up. It's very light, I often make it when the kids have ballgames and we have to rush. It is also a favorite when one of us is under the weather. Goes real good with grilled cheese sandwiches. Makes really good use of leftover chicken.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 chipotle chile, finely minced
- 1 avocado, diced into small cubes
- lime juice or lemon juice
- 3 -5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In large pan bring stock, garlic and chile to a boil.
- Cut the avocado into cubes, toss with juice.
- Arrange chicken, avocado, scallions, and cilantro into the bottom of 4 bowls.
- Ladle hot stock into bowls.
- Serve with a lime wedge.