Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This delicious, yet very easy dip has been a hit at every party I've prepared it for. It's so good, we'll make a batch and have it for dinner every so often. People have told me it's addictive. I rarely have to bring any home after a party. I've been making this dip for many years, so I'm not sure where it came from. When making it for my family, I use refried beans with jalapenos, hot McCormick Taco Seasoning mix, and velveta cheese with peppers. This combines for quite a kick. For guests or a party, I use reqular refried beans and velveta, but the hot taco seasoning is a must. For Christmas parties, I use the red and green tortilla chips.
- 1 (15 ounce) canhot hormel chili with beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 10 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 (16 ounce) bags corn tortilla chips
- In a deep pan, brown ground beef, drain and return to the pan. Add Taco seasoning and prepare according to seasoning instructions.
- Add Hormel Chili and refried beans.
- When hot, add the velveta. It helps to cut it up into chunks. Once melted, add the grated cheese. Once all hot and melted together, transfer to a crock pot. Serve with chips and stand back. I write the recipe on recipe cards and take them to the party with me, because I know I'm going to be asked for the recipe.
Not what I was expecting. It was more like chili dip when I wanted more of a cheese dip. Only one out of my eight friends liked it. Maybe I did something wrong?!
In spite of using jalpeno chili and mexican velveeta, this recipe was still to mild for my taste. Next time I make it (and I will make it again) I will have diced onions and peppers and maybe salsa available for anyone who wants to spice it up a little. It also makes a good burrito filling.