Recipe by Bergy
I got this off the internet. I have not made it but it sounds so good I wanted to post it before our Mexican Fiesta.
Top Review by dianeand777
Had a brunch for my family and because they serve this in Mexico at Moon Palace was happy to find this recipe. Everyone loved it, even those who don't like Mexican food. Perfect.
- 1 package of thick corn tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups your favorite salsa
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked, shredded or chopped chicken or 1 cup beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10"casserole dish.
- Layer half the chips and 1/2 the salsa, half the olives.
- Top with all the peppers& meat plus 1/2 the cheeses.
- Repeat using the rest of the chips, salsa, olives and cheeses.
- Top with sourcream.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.