Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this off the internet. I have not made it but it sounds so good I wanted to post it before our Mexican Fiesta.
- 1 package of thick corn tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups your favorite salsa
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup cooked, shredded or chopped chicken or 1 cup beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 10"casserole dish.
- Layer half the chips and 1/2 the salsa, half the olives.
- Top with all the peppers& meat plus 1/2 the cheeses.
- Repeat using the rest of the chips, salsa, olives and cheeses.
- Top with sourcream.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Had a brunch for my family and because they serve this in Mexico at Moon Palace was happy to find this recipe. Everyone loved it, even those who don't like Mexican food. Perfect.
I am so glad to find this recipe! I made this for years for my picky children who begged for more, I even began to believe I had made it up! A few variations on my old classic: I did not use any red pepper, only green, no olives, no picante-I used a can of Hunts tomato sauce and added about 1/4 t of cumin powder & garlic salt, topped it with slices of corn tortillas I had sauted in butter, then on top of it, tons of cheddar.
I had some ranch steaks so cooked those and sliced up for this recipe. I also added some dried cilantro, garlic powder and some canned, diced green chilies. Can't wait to make again! Thanks, Bergy, for a delicious recipe!