Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
From an old Womean's Day. Yummy.
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peel, cut in half, seeded and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut in 12 wedges
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon canned minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 425. Put fresh vegetables, garlic, 1 tbsp oil, the salt and pepper in a roasting pan or on 2 rimmed baking sheets; toss to mix and coat.
- Spread in a single layer and roast stirring once for 25 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in oregano, cumin and cinnamon; cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Stir in 5 cups water, the chickpeas, tomatoes, corn and chipotle peppers.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in roasted vegetables and cilantro; reheat if necessary.
Really pretty tasty! I only gave it four stars because it seemed a little watery to me. If I made it again I would probably reduce the water by 1 cup. Otherwise very interesting flavors.