1 hr 10 mins
From an old Womean's Day. Yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs butternut squash, peel, cut in half, seeded and cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, cut in 12 wedges
- 6 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon canned minced chipotle chile in adobo
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1Heat oven to 425. Put fresh vegetables, garlic, 1 tbsp oil, the salt and pepper in a roasting pan or on 2 rimmed baking sheets; toss to mix and coat.
- 2Spread in a single layer and roast stirring once for 25 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- 3Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in oregano, cumin and cinnamon; cook about 1 minute until fragrant.
- 4Stir in 5 cups water, the chickpeas, tomatoes, corn and chipotle peppers.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
- 6Stir in roasted vegetables and cilantro; reheat if necessary.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chickpea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (852 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.4
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 848.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.4 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo