Here's a south-of-the-border lunch or snack, compliments of *All You* (a new magazine). Use less or more hot sauce depending on how much SpIcE you like!
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (softened) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (softened) or 1⁄2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chicken meat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce (you decide)
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- In a small bowl, mix salsa and mayo; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350; arrange tortillas on two baking sheets; sprinkle with cheese; bake for five minutes (cheese melts).
- While that's cooking, warm oil in large skillet on medium-high; add chicken, sauce and salt and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Place tortillas on counter, top with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes; roll up, cut in half and serve with the mayo-salsa dip.
- OPTIONS: Black or green olives.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Crab or shrimp instead of chicken, romaine lettuce for the iceberg, Monterey Jack for the Cheddar, corn instead of flour tortillas.
Tasty, easy meal, made it with grilled chicken. Might try more spices on chicken and the cream cheese thing with salsa, next time.
Super quick and easy. Picky husband even liked :) Definately a keeper but next time I will experiment with spices for the chicken and will try cream cheese instead of mayo for the sauce.
This is pretty good, though it would have been easier to assemble everything in the tortilla without first putting the tortillas in the oven for the cheese to melt (they were very hot!). This would be a great snack.