Here's a south-of-the-border lunch or snack, compliments of *All You* (a new magazine). Use less or more hot sauce depending on how much SpIcE you like!
- 3⁄4 cup salsa (mild or hot)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (softened) or 1⁄2 cup sour cream (softened) or 1⁄2 cup cream cheese (softened)
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups chicken meat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons hot sauce (you decide)
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- In a small bowl, mix salsa and mayo; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350; arrange tortillas on two baking sheets; sprinkle with cheese; bake for five minutes (cheese melts).
- While that's cooking, warm oil in large skillet on medium-high; add chicken, sauce and salt and stir-fry until cooked through.
- Place tortillas on counter, top with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes; roll up, cut in half and serve with the mayo-salsa dip.
- OPTIONS: Black or green olives.
- SUBSTITUTIONS: Crab or shrimp instead of chicken, romaine lettuce for the iceberg, Monterey Jack for the Cheddar, corn instead of flour tortillas.