Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom makes this dish all of the time. It's easy to make and fun to eat.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 11 ounces corn or 11 ounces mexicorn
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sour cream
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- tortilla chips
- Saute chicken in oil until white (about 3 min).
- Add chicken broth, sauce, and taco seasoning.
- Bring to boil, then simmer, covered, 5 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add corn, bring to full boil.
- Stir in rice, cover, remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, stir.
- Serve with toppings (sour cream, cheese, and chips) as desired. Try breaking the chips into small pieces over the dish! Reheats well.
very good great with salsa I did not have enough quick rice so had to use reg rice it worked out ok but I had to simmmer it longer with the reg rice in it.
This made for a very nice dinner! I didn't have instant rice so used normal - cooked til nearly done then simmered in the mixture for a few minutes. I served this with sour cream, salsa and a salad - the recipe made heaps too, I halved it and there's still two serves of leftovers! Thanks for posting.