Recipe by Olha
Enticingly delicious chicken breasts, spicy and sweet at the same time. Simmering Suppers. Harrowsmith Kitchens.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole Italian tomatoes, drained, juice reserved
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock, boiling
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 18 pitted prunes
- 3 firm bananas, peeled, split lengthwise and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flour seasoned with salt, white pepper and paprika in a plastic bag. Shake chicken pieces in flour.
- Brown in a Dutch oven in butter and oil. Set aside.
- In the same pot, sauté onion and garlic. Stir in juice from tomatoes and remaining seasoned flour. Add tomatoes, carrots and seasonings.
- Place browned chicken on top.
- Combine stock and wine and pour over.
- Bake, covered, at a 350°F degrees for 35 minutes.
- Add prunes and cook, covered, for 20 minutes longer.
- Add bananas and cook, covered, 15 minutes more. 4 servings.