Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my mother-in-law's recipe and one of my husband's favorite dishes. This can be topped with sour cream, guacamole, some extra salsa and served with warm tortillas.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 whole jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, diced or squished
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and brown the chicken pieces on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and set aside.
- Saute the celery, onion and peppers in the remaining oil.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the wine, chicken bouillon cube, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir in the taco seasoning; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is done.
- Toss the corn, black olives and black beans with the hot rice.
- Serve the chicken pieces and sauce on a bed of the rice mixture.