My spin on a recipe off Pinterest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 chicken breasts (or equivalent chicken tenders)
- 4.92 ml cumin (to taste)
- 4.92 ml chili powder (to taste and try ancho or chipotle for a change)
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 3 jalapenos, Seeded and Chopped
- 226.79 g cream cheese
- 236.59-354.88 ml chicken broth (adjust for desired thickness)
- 3 slice bacon
- 177.44 ml shredded cheddar cheese or 177.44 ml colby-monterey jack cheese
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for garnish
- Mexican rice
- 1Fry bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle chicken with seasonings while the bacon crisps. Crumble bacon once cooked; set aside.
- 2Add the chicken to the hot bacon fat in the skillet. Cook chicken, turning every few minutes, until juices run clear and no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- 3Add chopped jalapenos to the skillet and cook for a couple of minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute more, until fragrant. Add chicken broth, deglazing pan. Bring to a boil. Add cream cheese and stir until melted and smooth. Add in shredded cheese and bacon, stirring until the cheese in melted.
- 4Turn off heat and stir in cilantro. Serve chicken on a bed of Mexican rice and topped with sauce. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken With Jalapeno Popper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 513.1
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 158.4 mg
- Sodium 631.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 33.6 g