Recipe by KeyWee
This is a recipe I made up after trying a similar soup at a Mexican restaurant. A friend of mine that owns a small bar & restaurant liked this recipe so much, he now serves it at his place! This soup is quick & easy to make with ingredients off of your pantry shelves - enjoy!
Top Review by jane49423
Didn't use the olives, but otherwise pretty much followed the recipe. Used two chicken breasts - might use one more next time. Also, just added about 3/4 cup uncooked rice and let it boil for a while. Added a few sprinkles of cumin. Spicy, but we like it that way!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black olives, drained,pitted and chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice (any kind you like)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (your choice)