Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is the 'Recipe of the Week' for the week of February 23rd-March 1st'2006 in the Thursday magazine's Slim Lines column. Enjoy!
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 600 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 . 3 cm cubes
- 340 g onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 510 g crushed tomatoes
- 130 g green chilies, drained and chopped
- 3 g cilantro or 3 g parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 360 ml water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 45 g pine nuts (optional)
- 180 ml salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 90°C.
- Take aluminium foil and wrap tortillas in it.
- Warm in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Toss in chicken and saute for 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Fold in the next 7 ingredients.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil.
- Cover skillet once it comes to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over it and keep warm.
- Serve chicken wrapped in warm tortillas with salsa.