1 hr 15 mins
The Sunday after Thanksgiving (2006), I slipped on a chunk of ice (which I didn't see). I slammed down, landing on my bottom, resulting in 4 broken/fractured ribs! I was in the hospital for 5 days and then in a nursing home for 7 weeks, for rehab and recuperation and until I could do things without much help. The food at the nursing home was good! This is one of the things I had for dinner one night. It was easy to figure out how to make it. It is really good. They made it with chicken breasts but I used chicken thighs. This can be easily multiplied to make more servings. This is good served with rice and beans as side dishes. Prep time does not include shredding the cheese. Allow more time if you need to shred the cheese
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place thighs in a covered casserole dish.
- 3Slit each green chile down one side so that they open op.
- 4Place one green chile on each thigh.
- 5Place the 3rd green chile over the other 2 chiles.
- 6Pour salsa over chiles and chicken.
- 7Put a lid on the dish.
- 8If you don't have a lid, cover with foil.
- 9Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken is done and liquids are hot and bubbly.
- 10Remove from oven.
- 11Remove the lid/foil.
- 12Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over the chicken and chiles.
- 13Replace the lid/foil and return it to oven.
- 14Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and the liquid is hot and bubbly.
- 15Remove from oven.
- 16The juices from the dish can be used to pour over rice.
- 17This makes the rice taste really good!
- 18Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Thighs
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 885.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 21.4 g