Recipe by The Frugal Gourmet
I came up with this stew one night after a long day of teaching. I had read a basic recipe using chicken and salsa to make a stew, but I threw in extra stuff I thought would go well together in a crock pot and this is what came out. Just a warning - this dish is HOT!!
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the chicken chunks until no longer pink in center. Add remaining ingredients and mix together in a large pot. You can add other vegetables of your choosing as well. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until warm all throughout. Serve topped with sour cream and cheese.