1/1 Photo of Mexican Chicken Stew
1 hr 20 mins
True Texas's Note:
From Cook.com this is a good stew for winter. Go lightly on the cinnamon and cloves they tend to overpower the flavor. I like to slow cook my stews so I cooked a few hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/2 lb) whole boneless skinless chicken breast, split
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
- 1Cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook in oil in large saucepan until chicken loses pink color.
- 2Add onion and garlic. Continue cooking, stirring often until onion is soft.
- 3Add remaining salt, tomatoes and their liquid, corn, picante sauce, cumin, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- 4Add green pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls and top with a dab of sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Stew
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.8
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 986.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 20.9 g