Recipe by True Texas
From Cook.com this is a good stew for winter. Go lightly on the cinnamon and cloves they tend to overpower the flavor. I like to slow cook my stews so I cooked a few hours.
Top Review by catercow
fantastic--i think you accidentally left out the canned tomatoes in the ingredients list as you mentioned them in the steps. Anyways, very very good, I added extra cumin to spice it a bit more.
- 2 (1/2 lb) whole boneless skinless chicken breast, split
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into 3/4 inch pieces, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons salt. Cook in oil in large saucepan until chicken loses pink color.
- Add onion and garlic. Continue cooking, stirring often until onion is soft.
- Add remaining salt, tomatoes and their liquid, corn, picante sauce, cumin, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer covered 10 minutes.
- Add green pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Ladle into soup bowls and top with a dab of sour cream if desired.