Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My gandma always made this for us kids. It still is my favorite. We all love it.
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- Combine all ingredients except spaghetti in a large saucepan and stir until melted.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 35 min.
Can I give this more stars? It is truly evil! I can't stop eating it. I made this based on the recommendation of my friend Kimberlym480 (see her review too). I have made it with and without the chicken. It is wonderful both ways. And mine never makes it to the oven....we eat it after everything is combined. Thanks.
Just like I remembered! It was awesome! The only thing I changed was instead of cream of celery I used cream of chicken. And I always use a whole chicken cut up and boiled, then debone. Chicken doesn't taste the same unless cooked on the bone.
This is a nice easy recipe; my family enjoyed this with garlic toast. I used whatever I had on hand, and boiled the chicken with garlic powder, seasoned salt and black pepper until tender, then sauteed chopped red bell pepper, jalapeno and red onion in a little butter in another saucepan. Adding the left over chicken broth to the pan and seasoning it along the way, I turned it on high heat and reduced it, then added one can of cream of mushroom soup and one cup of salsa since I didn't have Rotel. Instead of Velveeta, I used American cheese, added shredded chicken and angel hair pasta partially cooked and baked as directed. It was filling. Thank you for sharing.