Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
My gandma always made this for us kids. It still is my favorite. We all love it.
Make and share this mexican chicken spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 4 -5 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (10 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- Combine all ingredients except spaghetti in a large saucepan and stir until melted.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 baking dish and bake for 35 min.
Can I give this more stars? It is truly evil! I can't stop eating it. I made this based on the recommendation of my friend Kimberlym480 (see her review too). I have made it with and without the chicken. It is wonderful both ways. And mine never makes it to the oven....we eat it after everything is combined. Thanks.
Just like I remembered! It was awesome! The only thing I changed was instead of cream of celery I used cream of chicken. And I always use a whole chicken cut up and boiled, then debone. Chicken doesn't taste the same unless cooked on the bone.
This is a nice easy recipe; my family enjoyed this with garlic toast. I used whatever I had on hand, and boiled the chicken with garlic powder, seasoned salt and black pepper until tender, then sauteed chopped red bell pepper, jalapeno and red onion in a little butter in another saucepan. Adding the left over chicken broth to the pan and seasoning it along the way, I turned it on high heat and reduced it, then added one can of cream of mushroom soup and one cup of salsa since I didn't have Rotel. Instead of Velveeta, I used American cheese, added shredded chicken and angel hair pasta partially cooked and baked as directed. It was filling. Thank you for sharing.