1 hr 10 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe is super easy especially if you pick up a roasted chicken from your local grocery store. If you don't want to debone a whole chicken you can certainly substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. I use 1/3 less fat cream cheese simply because it is delicious and I save a little on the fat and calories. Overall, this is a low fat and low calorie dish that does not taste "diet".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 fryer chicken, roasted (can buy already cooked in the deli)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (1/3 Less Fat)
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1Debone chicken and set aside.
- 2In heavy 5 quart dutch oven put all ingredients except chicken.
- 3Bring to a simmer stirring untl cream cheese is melted.
- 4Cover and continue simmering over low heat for 30 minutes.
- 5Add diced chicken and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 540.8
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 1448.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 42.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hidden valley ranch dressing mix