Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy chicken soup topped with cilantro - super easy to throw together! Don't omit that cilantro, it really 'makes' this soup! Tortilla chips make a nice side to this... or even crush a few and top soup before serving. WW points w/out optional ingredients = 4/serving
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 4 ounces green chilies, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 -2 lime, quartered
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 ounce lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded (optional)
- Cut chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Heat large saucepan over medium-high heat, spray with cooking spray (or add olive oil) and saute chicken and garlic until chicken browns.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, green chilies, corn and chili powder.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, mince cilantro and chop green onions.
- Pour soup into bowls and top with cilantro, lime juice, green onions and cheese.
Delicious! I added in an onion and crushed chili flakes with the garlic and i also added in 1 tablespoon of chili powder, sprinkled with green onions but omitted the cilantro and left out the mozza cheese, thanks for sharing Brooke!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written. I didn't add the optional onions but I did top with pizza blend cheese. We all enjoyed this. This also reheated well.
Yummy soup! I made it as directed but used a Mexican 4-blend cheese instead of the mozzarella. I like things a little spicier, so added more chili powder, some cumin (as previously suggested), and a dash or 2 of crushed red pepper flakes. Thanks Brooke for a nice lunch. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.