Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
From 365 LowFat.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- Place the chicken breasts and broth in a large skillet. Bring slowly to a simmer.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until chicken is tender; about 15 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Strain broth into a 4 cup measure; strain off any fat.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, cut in 1 inch cubes.
- In same skillet, heat oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until soft, but not brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, jalapeño pepper, cumin and chicken broth. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat to serving temperature. top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese, sour cream and salsa.
This was okay. It lacked spice and was quite plain in our opinion. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.