Recipe by tazdevilfan
This zesty dish is loaded with chicken, corn and black beans in a mildly spicy red broth.
Top Review by ktee
Looking for this recipe so I would not have to input mine. I add 2 med. fresh summer squash and 2 med. fresh zucchini - both diced. Makes a very hearty soup and another use of excess garden produce. Even better the next day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (32 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or 2 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink.
- Add water and taco seasoning; simmer until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a slow cooker. Add V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro.