Vicki in CT's Note:
This is a super easy dinner. Serve with a side salad for an easy fix meal. I think this was originally from Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 29 ounces canned tomatoes, diced and undrained
- 1 1/4 ounces taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/4 ounces ripe olives
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup water
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Combine flour and seasoned salt in Ziploc bag. Add chicken. Seal and shake to coat chicken.
- 2Brown chicken in large skillet in oil over medium high heat. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, and bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- 4Serve with sprinkled cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Skillet Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.5
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 596.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 35.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: