Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from a recipe magazine I receive - I can't remember which one!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- Mix the oil and seasonings together. Brush on both sides of chicken. Grill the chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each sides or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese and mayonnaise. Grill bread slices on one side until lightly toasted. Spread with the cheese/mayo mixture and grill until the cheese is melted.
- Put the chicken on four slices of bread. Top with the salsa, remaining cheese and remaining bread, cheese/mayo side down.