Recipe by Dawn
A light and low fat Taco Salad, served restaurant style in a Tortilla bowl. It is easy to make and quick to assemble. My Slovakain neighbors now love this dish I shared with them.
- 177.44 ml shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 44.37 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml nonfat sour cream
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro
- 14.79 ml chopped jalapeno
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 113.39 g cooked chicken, cut up into bite size pieces
- 4 large tortillas
- 946.36 ml shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Warm up chicken and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic.
- (For a creamier dressing leave out cilantro and run through a food processor, add cilantro after you puree)
- To make Tortilla bowls spray Tortillas with cooking spray.
- Invert 4 custard bowls and mold Tortillas over the custard bowls.
- You may place another inverted custard dish over Tortillas to keep shape.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- Caution these burn easily, keep an eye on them.
- Allow Tortilla bowls to cool.
- Toss lettuce with mayonnaise dressing mixture.
- Place approximately 1 cup of lettuce and dressing mixture in Tortilla bowl.
- Place tomato pieces on top of lettuce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with chicken pieces.
- Tailor this salad to your own individual tastes, you may add avocados, salsa, or other ingredients.