A light and low fat Taco Salad, served restaurant style in a Tortilla bowl. It is easy to make and quick to assemble. My Slovakain neighbors now love this dish I shared with them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese
- 44.37 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml nonfat sour cream
- 29.58 ml chopped cilantro
- 14.79 ml chopped jalapeno
- 1 garlic cloves, minced or 113.39 g cooked chicken, cut up into bite size pieces
- 4 large tortillas
- 946.36 ml shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Warm up chicken and set aside.
- 3Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, jalapeno, and garlic.
- 4(For a creamier dressing leave out cilantro and run through a food processor, add cilantro after you puree)
- 5To make Tortilla bowls spray Tortillas with cooking spray.
- 6Invert 4 custard bowls and mold Tortillas over the custard bowls.
- 7You may place another inverted custard dish over Tortillas to keep shape.
- 8Bake in oven for 5 minutes until crisp and light brown.
- 9Caution these burn easily, keep an eye on them.
- 10Allow Tortilla bowls to cool.
- 11Toss lettuce with mayonnaise dressing mixture.
- 12Place approximately 1 cup of lettuce and dressing mixture in Tortilla bowl.
- 13Place tomato pieces on top of lettuce.
- 14Sprinkle with cheese.
- 15Top with chicken pieces.
- 16Tailor this salad to your own individual tastes, you may add avocados, salsa, or other ingredients.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Salad in Tortilla Bowls
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 876.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: