Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great, cool, summer recipe for dinner. The ingredients can be easily changed to meet one's individual tastes. Quick and easy as well. This recipe is from about.com, but originated from a the 92' Pillsbury Bake-off. Prep time includes 1 hour to chill. Enjoy!
- 59.14 ml cider vinegar
- 44.37 ml honey
- 7.39 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 453.59 g package frozen corn
- 236.59 ml chopped plum tomato
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package mixed salad green
- 2 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 473.18 ml monterey jack cheese
- 709.77 ml slightly crushed blue corn tortilla chips
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 1 jar thick & chunky salsa
- Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Sprinkle chicken* with garlic salt, then sauté in pan until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Combined cooked chicken, corn tomatoes, black beans, onions and red peppers in a large bowl.
- Stir in dressing.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- (can be prepared the day before).
- When ready to eat, combine chicken mixture with lettuce.
- Serve along with avocados, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa.
- Each diner garnishes his own salad as desired.
- *Rotissirie Chicken or left-over chicken works just great!
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! Beautiful colours, wonderful flavour, definitely a 'do-over!!' There was a sweetness in there somewhere -- I think maybe the red pepper -- that seemed a little out of place to me, so next time I'll just omit that. This was a perfect meal for a hot humid day, especially with a wedge of Rita L's Corn Bread with Jalapano and Cheddar (#50379)!