1/1 Photo of Mexican Chicken Salad
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Great, cool, summer recipe for dinner. The ingredients can be easily changed to meet one's individual tastes. Quick and easy as well. This recipe is from about.com, but originated from a the 92' Pillsbury Bake-off. Prep time includes 1 hour to chill. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1Mix dressing ingredients and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in skillet.
- 3Sprinkle chicken* with garlic salt, then sauté in pan until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- 4Combined cooked chicken, corn tomatoes, black beans, onions and red peppers in a large bowl.
- 5Stir in dressing.
- 6Chill at least 1 hour.
- 7(can be prepared the day before).
- 8When ready to eat, combine chicken mixture with lettuce.
- 9Serve along with avocados, cheese, tortilla chips, sour cream and salsa.
- 10Each diner garnishes his own salad as desired.
- 11*Rotissirie Chicken or left-over chicken works just great!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.6
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 112.2 mg
- Sodium 393.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens
blue corn tortilla chips
thick & chunky salsa