Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A friend of mine has made this several times..and I finally got the recipe from her. I love the flavors in the salad.
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 ripe avocados, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream,mayonnaise,lime juice,cumin,salt,pepper& Tabasco.
- This is the salad dressing, so taste and adjust if you need.
- In seperate bowl, combine chicken, carrots, red& green bell pepper, onion avacado& cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over chicken and vegetables and mix well.
- Chill for at least one houe before serving.
This was pretty good. It is a nice change from the typical chicken salad. I really liked all of the vegetables that were in it. I did have to season it up quite a bit as it seemed like it was lacking something. The addition of some garlic powder, a lot more cumin, some sugar and some southwest seasoning really kicked up the flavor. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
I've had this in my recipe book for a while and finally tried it over the 4th of July weekend. Excellent taste combination! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'll definitely make this one again!